Committee on Space Research (COSPAR)
The Committee on Space Research (COSPAR) was established by ICSU in 1958 as an interdisciplinary scientific body concerned with the progress on an international scale of all kinds of scientific investigations carried out with space vehicles, rockets and balloons.
- Committee on Space Research (COSPAR)
- Future Earth
- Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR)
- Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR)
- Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR)
- Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP)
- Urban Health & Wellbeing
- World Climate Research Programme (WCRP)
- ICSU in the News
The membership of COSPAR is composed of National Academies of Science or the equivalent and International Scientific Unions. The Council, COSPAR’s highest body, is composed of the President, Representatives of member National Scientific Institutions and International Scientific Unions, the Chairs of COSPAR Scientific Commissions, and the Chair of the COSPAR Finance Committee. The COSPAR Bureau runs the Committee on a day-to-day basis between meetings of the Council.